MedNet File Link
Reason for Policy
Last Updated: 05/15/2018
Responsible University Office:
Medical Student Education
Responsible University Administrator
Senior associate dean for medical student education
|RESPONSIBLE||Phase 2 assistant dean
Phase 3 assistant dean
|ACCOUNTABLE||Curriculum Council Steering Committee|
|SUPPORT||Medical Student Education|
|CONSULT||Clinical Component Committee|
|INFORM||Learning Technology, Medical Student Education|
8.7 Comparability of Education/Assessment
Indiana University School of Medicine students and faculty members involved in phase 2 and phase 3 of the curriculum.
IUSM requires that all phase 2 and phase 3 courses and clerkships have comparable educational experiences at all education sites. Each course and clerkship must have identical core learning objectives, curriculum content and student assessments at all clinical sites and must have comparable instruction and educational experiences.
Reason for Policy
IUSM comprises nine educational sites. This policy ensures statewide comparability of course content, instruction and assessment.
Approved by the Curriculum Council Steering Committee.
- Standardized exams are administered synchronously across the state unless a specific exception is required.
- All student grades are determined by the Statewide Clerkship Director at the conclusion of each rotation.
- The Clinical Component Committee, the Academic Standards Committee and the Curriculum Council Steering Committee will review each clerkship and confirm comparability on an annual basis.
Failure to honor this policy conflicts with the direction and guidance of the Curriculum Council Steering Committee. If a lack of comparability in violation of this policy should arise, the representative clerkship director(s) must submit a formal report to the Curriculum Council Steering Committee that outlines an exact process/plan to achieve compliance.
|Medical Student Education||Operationsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Curricular Operations, Medical Student Education||Sarah Lang, PhDemail@example.com|
- Phase 2 Grading Schema Policy
- Grade Policy for Courses, Clerkships and Electives in the Clinical Years
New policy drafted on 05/02/2018
Approved by Curriculum Council Steering Committee 05/15/2018