Medical Instrument Package
The Medical Instrument Package is available for purchase at The Medical Store using school code: IUSM2022
The package includes:
- Ophthalmoscope and Otoscope kit (Traditional is adequate; a Pan-Optic is highly suggested.)
- Stethoscope (Cardiology Grade)
- Reflex hammer
- Tuning forks (512 Hz and 128 Hz)
- A penlight is useful
- Measuring tape (metric or metric and English units)
- Hand-held Snellen eye chart
The Ruth Lilly Medical Library provides a good source of anticipated materials required.
A student led used book sale is available during the Statewide, First-Year Orientation with proceeds going towards the IU School of Medicine Student Outreach Clinic.
- Nitrile or Latex rubber gloves, scrubs and old shoes.
- First-year medical students are given dissection kits and clean lab gowns to protect clothing during lab activities so there is no need to purchase them.
- An annual fundraiser is held by a student organization selling scrubs and gloves with pick up available at the Interest Fair during 1st Year Orientation.
IU students can access discounted hardware. An IU Network ID is required on some sites to view discounted prices.
Many products and software packages (including those offered by Adobe and Microsoft) as well as antivirus products are available as free downloads to IU students, faculty and staff via IUware. Students do not need to purchase any Microsoft packages (such as “trial” or “student edition” versions). Additionally, students may use IUanyWare to run Windows software virtually on a Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, or BlackBerry device without downloading. For more information, see .
Funds for required items are included as a part of the cost of attendance which will be disbursed prior to the first day of class. Please contact Jose Espada, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 317-274-1967 for financial related questions.